Reasons Moving Sucks
- I’m horribly stressed.
- I’m in a strange new place with strange new people (unlike back at the Gables where I knew and was comfortable with all the strange people).
- All my stuff is in boxes and crates where I can’t find it.
- I have no phone line.
- My computer is still at the Gables waiting to be moved.
- My rubbish bins are still at the Gables waiting to be moved so I have to put my garbage in a plastic bag on the side of the sink.
- My stereo is still at the Gables waiting to be moved so I can’t listen to music or the radio.
- My clock is still at the Gables waiting to be moved so the only way to tell the time in the mornings is to turn the TV onto Sunrise with David Cosh.
- My toaster is still at the Gables waiting to be moved, so I have to have cold bread instead.
- My condiments are still at the Gables waiting to be moved, so I have nothing to put on said cold bread except margarine.
- I’m out of margarine.
- My bed and mattress have been moved and shaken around and possibly put back together the wrong way – so they don’t feel like my nice comfortable bed and mattress anymore.
- There’s no benchtop or surface of any kind to put things on in the bathroom.
- My TV was dropped during the move and has a big ugly scratch across the screen.
By themselves they’re all fairly minor things (apart from maybe point 5) but put them together and I’m not happy at all 🙁
You know it’s times like this I can really see the advantages of having a relationship. It’d be nice to have a girlfriend in this kind of situation – I could whinge about it all to her (instead of to this blog) and then she could roll her eyes, give me a big hug and tell me to stop being such a wimp and pull myself together. Oh well, I’ll just have to buy some margarine, re-arrange my bed and hope things improve.