Well, it’s 2004. Woo-hoo.
Sorry, but I refuse to get all excited about what is a fairly arbitrary point in the Earth’s orbit. Maybe if the date actually meant something, scientifically speaking, I could get enthusiastic. Like a solstice or an equinox, or the sun eclipsing a particularly significant star. But just an arbitrary date? Bah!
So, on the 31st I defragged my hard drive (which is as close to a yearly ritual as I get), watched Scrubs and went to bed. Oh, and I also changed my sheets, but it was time to do that anyway so you probably can’t attach any great significance to it.
Yes, very sad me 🙂
Anyway I thought I’d catalogue my Christmas loot, so you can all go “I got more stuff than that!” and feel all smug…
From Mum and Dad
- A bathroom scale, which I’d mentioned I needed.
- A 40 piece socket set, which I hadn’t mentioned but I suppose it could come in useful.
Andrew and Travis (Andrew was in Vegas for Halloween last year, which probably explains a lot 🙂
- A “magic towel” from the Luxor (it expands in water, hence ‘magic’).
- A polar bear Christmas tree ornament.
- A “dinosaur egg” – you chip away the dirt to reveal a plastic dinosaur skeleton.
- A magic expanding-in-water Dracula sponge.
- A deck of souvenir playing cards.
Aunts Faye and Beverly (who went to the UK and France last year)
- A souvenir box of chocolates from Paris.
- A Union Jack beach towel.
- A Union Jack t-shirt.
- A box of Union Jack mints.
- A teatowel from Oxford.
- A model London Bus (in a Union Jack box naturally 🙂
- A London Calendar.
- A Sherlock Holmes Hotel ashtray/dish thing.
Rebecca and Dom
- A four piece dinner setting and a set of glasses. Possibly they’re trying to get me to hold dinner parties or something – the way I see it I can now go four extra days without having to do the washing up! 😉
- A copy of The Postman (the novel that is, not the film).
- A set of magic number cards with which to pull tricks on people with 🙂
- Computer Waiting Games, which is seriously cool 🙂
- A hand drawn picture of dribbling man standing on a pedestal with a beer in his hand and simutaneously burping and breaking wind while bystanders point and gasp in horror 🙂
I think that just about sums it up.
Hey! The Norwegian Hobbit won World Idol how about that, it looks as if the world has taste after all. And Guy Sebastian apparently came 8th or something. Yey!!
OK, I think I’ll shut up now 🙂 Happy new year everyone!