Well, back to work tomorrow. Two weeks earlier than planned. At least I’ll be able to check out the Burgermeister.
The weather has been abominable for the last few days. Forty plus for most of the week. Today is meant to be a lot cooler so I’m throwing open the doors and windows to try and flush out all the warm, stale air that’s been building up.
My posts about FADADES earlier in the week seem to have enraged the FADADES fan community. Or at least one guy, who may well be the entirety of the FADADES fan community. Or maybe FADADES himself. In any case he left a very angry comment asking what’s wrong with FADADES. Not that much really, apart from his music sounding like Gollum and Donald Duck having an angle grinder fight in a firing range, and the man himself looking like Worzel Gummidge had to take a job at an S&M club to support his crack habit.
I spent Australia Day at Justin’s place helping him put up shelves in his garage. Hopefully they haven’t fallen down yet.
Ah, the Triple J Hottest 100. Gotye and Kimbra took out the number one spot, which really was no surprise. Several of the songs I voted for got in, which was nice, but overall I wasn’t terribly impressed. I guess 2011 wasn’t a fantastic year for music – or at least music that I like. Just another sign that I’m getting old I guess.
Let’s see, what did I vote for…
* Lanu/Megan Washington – Beautiful Trash – I am frankly astonished that this didn’t get in. Maybe it was released too early in the year for people to remember it.
* Seeker Lover Keeper – Even Though I’m A Woman – Got in at number 17. Good stuff!
* Luke Million – Arnold – Number 71. About where it deserved.
* Noah and the Whale – Waiting for my chance to come – Didn’t get in, although L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N did.
* Florence & The Machine – Shake It Out – Number 13. I expected it to get into the top 10, but 13 isn’t bad.
* Illy – Cigarettes – Number 35. Excellent.
* Crystal Fighters – At Home – No sign of this sadly
* Yuksek – On A Train – No sign of this either
* The Vaccines – Norgaard – Or this.
* Architecture In Helsinki – Escapee – Number 55. Not bad.
And others that I liked…
* The Wombats – Techno Fan – Number 26. Excellent!
* CSS – Hits Me Like A Rock – No sign of this.
* Stanton Warriors – Get Up – Or this.
* Jay-Z & Kanye West – No Church In The Wild – I expected this to do really well, but it didn’t turn up. No accounting for taste I guess.
* Bluejuice – Act Yr Age – Number 20. Bluejuice always do well.
So yeah. That was that.
Finally, in my wanderings around the net over the last week I stumbled across Romantically Apocalyptic – a beautifully drawn (painted?) yet completely deranged post-apocalyptic webcomic. Insofar as it can be summed up it deals with the adventures of zee Captain and his three minions in the nuclear-winter ensnared ruins of a gigantic city. Zee Captain is completely insane but has almost supernatural levels of luck, ensuring his continued survival – and the continued suffering of his erstwhile companions. There’s also some rather strange videos…
In any case, it’s well worth checking out. Even if you can’t figure out what’s going on (even I have trouble with it sometimes) the art is astounding.
That’s all I’ve got to say…